As posted in Politiko, Albay Rep. Joey Salceda emphasized the good things about PH economy when President Rodrigo Duterte’s started sitting in the office. His all business approach to the economy has been an overall plus according to him.
Here are 10 things to feel good about the economy under Duterte:
1. A peaceful, orderly democratic transition in power because investors just hate uncertainty
2. An epowered Cabinet of solutions-driven practitioners and economic managers – Budget Secretary Bejamin Diokno, Finance Secretary Sonny Dominguez, Trade and Industry Secretary Ramon Lopez, and Socioeconomi Planning Secretary Ernesto Pernia
3. Formation of supermajorities in House and Senate which is the closest to a government of national unity
4. Hitting the ground running with 10 full Cabinet meetings and two Legislative-Executive Development Advisory Council in the first five months
5. Peace talks and indefinite ceasefire with the Communist Party of the Philippines-New Peoples Army as well as with Moro Islamic Liberation Front
6. Huge business potential from China pivot and forging an independent foreign policy
7. Fastest economic growth in Asia and manufacturing resurgence
8. Roll-out of Ambisyon 2040, a 10-point economic agenda and preparation of 2017-2022 development plan
9. Substantial improvement in peace and order with 80 percent reduction in drug volume and 39 percent drop in crime
10. Commitment to deploy funds with 83 percent increase in infrastructure spending and improved absorptive capacity
Contributed articles does not reflect the view of pilipinasonlineupdates.com. This website cannot guarantee the legitimacy of some of the information contributed to us. You may do additional research if you find some information doubtful.