Ronnie Dayan, the self-confessed lover of Sen. Leila de Lima, and alleged drug lord Kerwin Espinosa have conflicting testimonies at the House of the Committee yesterday.
Ako Bicol Rep. Alfredo Garbin Jr. cited at least five inconsistencies between Dayan’s tale at the House committee on justice on Thursday and Espinosa’s tell-all revelations in the Senate the previous day.
1) Dayan claimed to have met Espinosa for the pay-offs to de Lima five times - In Espinosa’s testimony to the Senate the previous day, he only met Dayan four times.
2) Espinosa claimed that his meetings with Dayan started from November 2015 to February 2016 - In Dayan's testimony his meetings with Espinosa took place in 2014 and that he resigned in early 2015.
3) Espinosa claimed that it was Albuera Police Chief Jovie Espenido who called him to call Dayan in August 2015. Dayan claimed that he does not know Espinido and that he has not spoken to him. Dayan said it was de Lima herself who ordered the meet-ups with Espinosa.
4) Espinosa claimed that he gave the payoff in Baguio was made at Burnham Park - Dayan admitted that it was made in the carpark of a hotel.
5) Espinosa claimed that Dayan introduced him to de Lima at Baguio where he took the photo with his wife and the then Justice Secretary - Dayan denied claiming that it was always de Lima who ordered her to meet Espinosa.
Dayan, however, corroborated Espinosa’s claim that when they finally got to know each other, the drug lord asked him to call him “Batman.” [source]
Contributed articles does not reflect the view of pilipinasonlineupdates.com. This website cannot guarantee the legitimacy of some of the information contributed to us. You may do additional research if you find some information doubtful.