President Duterte ordered on Monday the cancellation of the procurement of about 26 assault rifles from the US-based gun firm after the US State Department blocked its sale to the Philippine National Police (PNP) last week, owing it to the tirades of the Philippine leader against the the US.
“I am ordering its cancellation sa police,” he said during the signing of an executive order that expands the composition of the Bangsamoro Transition Commission (BTC) in Malacanang.
“And we will just have to look for another source that is cheaper but maybe as durable and as good,” Duterte said. [source]
Contributed articles does not reflect the view of pilipinasonlineupdates.com. This website cannot guarantee the legitimacy of some of the information contributed to us. You may do additional research if you find some information doubtful.